Sunday, September 18, 2011

Daddy Daughter Date Night






Landry and I went out for a date last night that was simply amazing. StoneWater Church started advertising the first DDDN a few weeks ago and I RSVPed for Landry and me. I am so glad we did, because it was a night we will never forget. We had an amazing evening together. To start, I came to the front door and rang the doorbell to pick Landry up for our date. The rain had just started so I had an umbrella to keep her dry. I opened her door and she was feeling like a lady. We had great conversation and we sang songs from our favorite radio station (88.3 The Journey). When we arrived at the church, there was a photo booth for us to have our picture taken. There were probably 100 dads and daughters in the transformed worship center. Frank Sinatra was singing softly in the background and the tables had flowers or candles that volunteer moms had used to decorate the room. We were served salad, bread, spaghetti, and cheesecake. After dinner, we danced through several songs (Landry likes to spin and dip). Her smile and laughter lit-up my night. Then there was time for dads to share letters they had written for their daughter(s). Landry and I found a quiet place where I was able to express my love for her, what I like about her, and how much I love being her dad. I wrote to her about the importance of her relationship with her Heavenly father and her earthly father and about looking no further than her own mother for the most excellent model of how a Christian woman should live her life as a wife and mother. In the end, Landry was able to feel and experience how a lady should be treated. She knew without a doubt that she is very special and that she offers so much to others through her caring and compassionate spirit. Dads, I encourage you to spend time with your daughters and invest in their lives. The dividends for both are innumerable.


No comments: