Friday, September 30, 2011

3 Up, 3 Down

Braden made his pitching debut last night in the 3rd inning. He faced 3 batters, striking out the first two and causing the third to fly out! This is the first year for their team to have the kids pitch, be allowed to steal bases, etc. Actually, it's a slower game because of all the stealing and walks, but we've enjoyed watching the boys play all different positions. The coaches are moving them all around (for the past 3 years they've each played pretty much one position).

The fall semester is flying already. The first 6-weeks ends today for Braden and Landry. Jason has received information regarding the time of his December graduation ceremony. Did you just hear that "WHOOP!" for his completion of the Master's program in only 2 more months!! And, much to my dismay, the daylight hours are being shortened quickly! It's hard to see the little white golf ball after 7:00 p.m. anymore!

My pitiful personal situation is maybe going to be mended soon. I got into some poison ivy 3 weeks ago (planting fall flowers), and I am still on steroids to try to get rid of the severe allergic reaction my body has to that dreadful plant! I had two "regular" rounds of steroids and a shot, but the stuff would just re-surface when the dosage was complete. Now, I'm on a 16-day pack that will hopefully rid my body of the itchy, irritating rashes. Besides having the munchies and not being able to sleep from the steroid side-effects, I am happy to be able to function without feeling the constant itch!

More updates to come, and hopefully more frequently!

No comments: