Friday, August 12, 2011

Dining Area

One of our favorite purchases has been the gigantic fork and spoon hanging on the wall! I wish the picture did them justice, because they are huge- maybe 5 feet tall! We found them at Pier 1 Imports and the whole Karnes family voted a definite "yes" on wall-worthiness. They are definitely unique and will likely be a conversation piece.


This shot is taken from the kitchen. These windows allow great natural light into the room. The table is a bar-height table that seats 6 without the leaf, 8 with the leaf extending the table to a square. We have a mix of chairs and swiveling, backless barstools around the table. Of course, the flowers add beauty and freshness to the picture. One of my hopes is to keep fresh flowers throughout the house. Landry and I love to have our fresh flower arrangements, and of course she is an artist at putting them together beautifully. I might add that I took a Horticulture class my last semester at A&M that was the easiest and most enjoyable class. What better way to gain an education than taking a floral arrangement class!


This sign is at the opposite end of the table from the fork and spoon. I just loved this when we saw it at Decor & More in Granbury. Free ad for them: If you want excellent customer service and a great selection of decor and gifts, check out Decor & More across from Kroger.






1 comment:

Sara Graham said...

Looks great! I have another friend that created her own House Rules, replete with Bible verses. I might be stealing that idea from both of you! Can't wait to see the rest!