Saturday, February 12, 2011

Memory_7

My First (and only) Bustin'
Every house has certain rules. Most parents would agree that playing serious ball in the house is against the rules. We throw the football to Braden all the time in our house- a Nerf football! However, when I was probably 10 or so, we had a real soccer game going on in my parent's bedroom. Nothing good can come out of that, so I have no idea what we were thinking.

The actual incident was truly not me or my brother, Richard. One of the neighbor boys kicked the ball straight into the chandelier (not that it was a fancy one or anything), and it shattered everywhere. Neighbor kids scattered like little ants, and me and my brother were left to attempt a quick clean-up. The two of us took the heat and got the belt that night. OUCH! I made sure that didn't happen again!

Looking back, poor Rich took the blame for several mischievous acts. Once we threw pebbles from our driveway at a car that was driving by. Another time, we threw rocks (bigger than pebbles) at the windows of what we thought was an unoccupied house close to where we lived. Big oops! There's more but I better stop in case we haven't reached the statute of limitations on some of our offenses!

No comments: