Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Job Satisfaction

I don't think I say it enough that I have an enormous appreciation for my job. For those who may not know, I go into people's homes and give them their physical therapy treatments. I have been doing the home health gig for about 2 1/2 years now, and I just love it! I see tons of joint replacements... baby boomers provide superb job security. There are other post-surgical patients I work with, and of course the deconditioned person is a common one as well.

I work with most people for 3-6 weeks on average, depending on how good my skills are. Just kidding, that was a bad joke! No matter how long I see them, it is truly a joy to meet these people that have an abundance of life experience. I feel like a sponge sometimes, soaking up their advice and suggestions.

I have a new patient that I estimate will need me for a long time. He has had a series of unfortunate events as I tend to call it. Doing his evaluation and coming up with treatment ideas has reminded me how much I love my job and my profession. It's a great feeling to end the workday and know that I've made a difference in someone's life. Do what you love and love what you do, right?

1 comment:

Sara Graham said...

I am so glad you love your job and I am pretty sure you are great at it! I passed along some of your professional advice to someone I know needing two knees done: do them together! I'll let you know if they do!

Forgot to tell you another book I read: Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah. Have I already told you about it? It took me awhile to get into, then I couldn't put it down! xoxo