Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New and Improved

We finally have our new laptop in our possession. There were a few frustrating moments as they installed the necessities, attempted to transfer our old hard drive, etc. This is a very nice computer, although I don't get my hands on it much because my hubby is always logged on to his school stuff! The good news is that they saved all of our pictures from the Toshiba that bombed out on us. I'm thinking some more diligent data back-ups will be in order now!

Things have been absolutely hopping over here in Tolar. We had one of those weekends where I feel like I didn't have 5 minutes to just sit and be quiet. Quiet is so valuable to me, but I wouldn't trade the noise around me for anything! With the help of Jason's mom, we put up 3 boxes of peaches in the freezer. We had a beautiful assembly line: shocker, peeler, halver, slicer, and fruit fresh/sugar adder. I wanted a picture of the process, but my camera battery was dead when I went to take one. Oh well, picture a few hours worth of peachy fun! Jason and I were talking about needing more of that in our lives. By the end, we had his parents, aunt, uncle, grandfather, and our party of five working together in the kitchen area. Talk about making memories, that is good stuff!

Another part of the weekend was taken up by visiting the Bluff Dale Winery with two friends. Was that me who said I didn't have 5 minutes to sit and be quiet? Sorry, I guess I wasn't counting our little wine/fruit/cheese picnic! Mark your calendar for 3rd Sunday at 2-ish. Good wine, live music, and beautiful scenery.

A post wouldn't be complete without a kid story. We've kept the ladder to the bunk bed under the bottom bed since Tripp reached climbing age. "Where there's a will, there's a way." More than once he has been found on the top bunk, getting into Braden's stuff! Landry caught him in the act, and she reported that he climbs on her bed, over to the changing table, then up/across to the top bunk! Hmmm! When I caught him up there he immediately said, "I just getting lotion on me!" He had used the pump lotion and lathered his entire body and some of the sheets with baby lotion!

No comments: