Friday, July 23, 2010

Errands with Extras

We are enjoying some bonus time with the Graham kids (and Sara here and there) while Sara is being with her mom during medical stuff. This was a planned thing so I taken the day off yesterday. In my energetic and optimistic mind, I was thinking we could get a few to-do's crossed off the list while I was off of work. The kids desperately needed to go to the dentist. I was glad to know that we were not the only multi-kid bunch trekking into an office! All 5 kids got balloons on the way out, but only one of the five was well-behaved with his balloon throughout the course of the day! That would be Davis!!

Next, we got the oil change and inspection done on the van. I chose the place that I knew had popcorn and a Keurig coffee machine! That was a short wait with no issues. Kids got to choose next: lunch before swim or swim before lunch. You guessed it- let's go swimming! The O'Conners were nice enough to let us raid their pool for a couple of hours.

We had to go to Ft. Worth for another appointment, and I knew Tripp needed a snooze so we killed two birds with one stone by letting him sleep on the way to lunch. The kids chose to eat at the Purple Cow Diner on Landry's recommendation of a purple milkshake! Tripp had a nice little nap on the way to Ft. Worth, so we didn't have an angry bear the rest of the afternoon. I love it when things work out like that!

We finished the appointment and made it home a little after six. The kids played around for a couple hours, and they were bathed and in pajamas by the time Sara made it home. I had a glass of wine in one hand and my kindle in the other when she walked in the door! No sweat, I think I convinced her that it really was a good day. And for those of you who take extra's around sometimes, I think you would agree that when they are around the same age it doesn't make getting all these things done any harder.

The next post may be about the adventures of taking a 2-year old all of these places in one day. I'll sum it up by quoting what Grace said at the final stop, "I don't need any outside entertainment when Tripp is around!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! Yes, 'extras' that are about the same age actually make things easier in my book!

Sara Graham said...

Girl, just getting the five of them out the door the next morning was enough for me to have MAJOR respect for your industriousness while carting all 5 around! And I didn't even know about the oil change!

Oh, and if you ever have anyone in the hospital near where I am, I am totally your kid keeper! ;)

Lissa Michelle said...

makes me tired just reading it!