Monday, July 26, 2010

Abrupt Realization

The last book I read on Kindle was called Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers. I now have a joint Kindle account with two other people so that we can share our books. And yes, this is allowed by Amazon- we asked them if it was legal before we did it! Anyway, this was a book that one of the other ladies had purchased, so I didn't know anything about it. Rivers has an awesome talent of character development, so I loved the book immediately. What I did NOT know is that it is the first in a series, and the next book is not out yet! I was so surprised to be left completely hanging! Maybe next time I'll read the book description before I dive in!

I was content to spend the majority of the weekend at home. We tackled the trip to get school supplies Saturday morning. Talk about a chore!! I also spent great deal of time organizing "stuff" in the house. This would include: weeding through out-grown clothes, cleaning closets, filing papers, inventory management of different varieties!

We had the Graham kids with us most of the weekend, too. Grace and Landry play very well together. Davis is stuck in the middle between our two boys' ages, but he seems to be entertained by each of them in different ways! Sara gave us thank-you gifts for helping with the kids- food and wine that we were obligated to sample (wink-wink)! To top it all off, my husband actually took a study break on Sunday afternoon! We were all surprised and elated to have him come hang out with us! Please don't get your feelings hurt if you come see us and Jason only peeks his head in to say hi, then goes back to his study cave. That's only par for the course! Last night's QT was much needed by all parties, and we were grateful for every minute!

2 comments:

Lissa Michelle said...

i am going to see if i can get that book from the library today! i just love francine rivers. school shopping?! you're scaring me! i don't want summer to end?

Robyn said...

i'm glad to hear that book was great. after redeeming love, i conquered her book the last sin eater, and was terribly disappointed. i'm glad she's got some other good ones out there! miss you all! will's b/day is coming up and he MUST have landry at his party...are ya'll here in august?