Thursday, June 24, 2010

Starved for Time

I must admit that we are caught in the busy trap right now. I told a friend that I feel like I'm home long enough to drop things off, change clothes, and go out again. We are playing the kid-shuffle this summer in attempts to give Jason plenty of study time. They have been going to my mom's and Monday and Tuesday, babysitter Wednesday, and with Jason's mom on Fridays. He is doing well on all of his quizzes and assignments, and he has made significant headway on the intimidating law book. The kids think the summer is great! They get to hang out with people who spoil them and go swimming several times per week!

Braden is nearing the end of baseball season. The summer season hasn't seemed like much of a season compared to last year's schedule. They've only had two tournaments, which they got runner-up in both. This weekend is a round robin tournament in Glen Rose, then they play their region tournament in North Richland Hills July 7-12.

Landry wishes her gymnastics class would have worked out. She found out her friend, Lexi, can do a back handspring. She said, "How come she can do one when she is only 4? I'm 6 and I can't do one. Would you teach me to do one tomorrow?" I could do almost any trick on a trampoline in my day, but I never even tried any tumbling-type stuff on the ground!

Tripp is talking up a storm! He repeats everything he hears at least once. He announces the presence of people around him, asks where you're going, asks what you're doing. When I'm not around, I've been told he asks, "Momma at Wal-Mart? Momma at work?" Always Wal-Mart first! The potty training is going quite well. I feel that if we were home a little more we could master it completely!

That's all for now!

2 comments:

Sara Graham said...

I absolutely command you not to try a back handspring!!! That's a knee blowout waiting to happen!!!

js said...

Maybe you can squeeze in a day to come visit the Sprayberrys! We miss you guys. Let's do dinner sometime soon.