Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Quick Vacation


This is Landry playing on her homemade drum-set Sunday afternoon! Tell me again, why do we spend all kinds of money on toys each year? She spent at least 3 hours playing on those drums Sunday!

Landry and Tripp had their ear check-ups on Monday, so we stayed in Ft. Worth for two nights. We picked a hotel with an indoor pool, and the kids thought they were in heaven! We hit some good foodie spots that were new to us. My favorite was the Yucatan Taco Stand. I certainly cannot pronounce the dish I ordered, but it tasted wonderful! We also tried Lili's Bistro on Magnolia and Rocco's Wood-Fired Pizza. Not as good as Andolini's, but good pizza is a perfect meal after swimming.
The kids swam several times at the indoor pool, and I ventured into the hot tub twice! They love staying in a hotel, and they act like wild monkeys the minute we check in to a room! Unfortunately, one little monkey fell off the bed twice, but not enough to slow him down.
I am off work the entire Spring Break week, and this couldn't come at a better time. Pair the time change with an ailing back, and it is nice to coast a little! By the way, does the time change affect you more as you age? I've had the hardest time adjusting to it this time!

No comments: