Sunday, March 21, 2010

Date Night

Jason and I had a wonderful date night Friday to end our Spring Break week. We went to Avatar in 3-D followed by a wonderful meal at Bonnell's in Ft. Worth. I wish you could all understand our love for good food. There is something so special about a meal of fine food lasting over 2 hours! Jason is admittedly approaching classification as a food snob. The chains of the world are fine and dandy, but once you've have fresh food prepared by a real chef, it's hard to go back to mass-produced food that's often deep-fried and thrown on your plate without any consideration of presentation! Whew! That almost sounded angry!

Personally, I tend to agree with Jason's food-snobbish opinions in most areas. However, I'm a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to places like Taco Bueno. I mean, Bueno can put out some good food for seriuosly low prices. We could go to Bueno probably 15 times for one trip to Bonnell's. With that said, I'd rather skip the Mexi-Dips and Chips a few times and hold out for that fine cuisine!

This is surely more than you ever cared to read about our food tastes. About the movie: It was cool! I'm curious how a person can come up with the ideas for a movie like Avatar. Very creative, imaginative, and captivating. The 3-D aspect was neat. Funny story: When Jason told me it was in 3-D, I whipped out the Dramamine for us each to take so we didn't get motion sickness. Pitiful, right?

One more topic: my last read, Three Cups of Tea. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome book. Reminds you not to say, "What difference can one person really make?". The book also gave me a new perspective on the people of Pakistan and Afghanistan. Could the war on terror really be won by books rather than bombs? It makes you think.

2 comments:

Sara Graham said...

Of course, I loved your food discussion! We are doing some serious eating right now. To the point I am full all the time and Jasen is flipping out because we are "hemorraghing" money!

And I am with you on being a food snob AND hypocrite! I'd give up a trip to a new restaurant here in Chuck-town if I could have some Santa Fe about now!

Lissa Michelle said...

I found your blog through Jen Sprayberry's. So glad to add it to my reading list. I wish I had good taste in food. I'm happy with fast food, and I hate that! I haven't heard of that book, but sounds like I need to check it out!