Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Charleston, Part III

We've made it to Wednesday, November 25. The plan was to go to Patriots Point to see the aircraft carrier. However, we needed some fuel for our touring, so we went to the Boulevard Diner. This was a great stop: an old-fashioned diner with just a few tables, casual atmosphere, and some authentic lowcountry food. The fried green tomatoes were excellent! I had them at another place, but these were top notch. I ordered the vegetable plate so I could sample all of the choices! The taste buds are maturing, but I still don't like collard greens!

On to Patriots Point, where we toured the aircraft carrier and a submarine. My oldest brother was in the Navy, and all I have to say is: bless his heart. I got claustrophobic just going down in that submarine for 15 minutes. I can't imagine being stuck on one of those for several months. When we walked from the sub to the carrier, we spotted some more dolphins. Sara, Jason, and Landry got to see their technique for catching multiple fish for a feeding. Ask Landry about it sometime, she was very impressed!

The carrier was definitely a man thing. It's one of those Mars/Venus things, so I was ready to go before Jason! We spent the evening Wednesday preparing several dishes for Thanksgiving. Sara and Jason did most of the prep work while Jasen G. and I handled dish duty! Stay tuned for tomorrow, that's the big Turkey day coming up!

1 comment:

Sara Graham said...

Guess where we went for dinner last night?? The Boulevard Diner closer to our house! It was great (girl, you gotta learn to like collards!!), but no island mac'n'cheese, so I was sad. But I had their meatloaf this time and it was delish!

Miss you. Hope Papaw is doing okay.