Friday, October 09, 2009

A Shower Experience, Kids Added for Entertainment

This starts on Thursday: We wanted to get the kids all bathed before we went to LifeGroup. Somehow, we always end up getting home later than expected, so it would help if the kids had already bathed and could go straight to bed. How do you get 3 kids bathed quickly? You guessed it: use both bathrooms and throw the little one in with one of the big ones. As I am bathing Tripp and Landry in the kids' bathroom, there is all kinds of drama going on with Braden in the master bathroom. He turned on the shower only to have cold water flowing out of the shower head. In all of his wisdom, he climbed UP into the front corner of the bathtub to avoid the cold water! You guessed it again... he FELL from there straight onto the tub faucet!

Voila!

No worries, he wasn't hurt! So, now we have an issue with the use of our shower!! Notice the forceful horizontal flow of water!


Fast forward to Friday morning. Mom and Dad now get to shower in the kids' bathroom. No big deal, right? Well, that's why we add kids for entertainment. I jumped in for a QUICK shower when just Tripp and I were left here at the house. He wanted in there with me, but I just wasn't going there. I told him I would be right out, and I kind of left the back of the shower curtain pulled back so I could be privvy to what he was doing! That's when he got hold of the ORANGE kids' shampoo. I calmly asked him to hand it back to me because I could tell the lid was open. He dumped it over and took off like a bolt of lightning, squirting orange shampoo all over the floor and all over himself! Little rebel! Of course, not much I could do at the time so I turned my quick shower into a super-quick shower. I went straight to his room where my innocent little boy had the lid closed back, bottle turned right-side up, and he handed me the bottle as if to say, "Oh, here Momma, I found this bottle of shampoo, you might want to put it back in the bathroom. Oh, by the way, someone really made a mess with this shampoo!"

What can you do? It's all about making memories, right!

2 comments:

zaf_fam_tx said...

Noah did that with the shampoo. Be careful, the more you walk on the soap the more the dirt sticks to it and it becomes visible. We had "lines" of grey shampoo stains on the carpet everywhere until we shapooed the carpets in August.

Sara Graham said...

Too funny!! I can imagine Braden getting away from the cold water! And then that sweet little Tripp, knowing he could get back at you for not letting him in the shower!