Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fine Things

Probably not the best lighting and background to show the details, but I'm sure you get the picture! Let me first say that I'm learning to truly enjoy some different wines. I guess this has been going on for a couple of months now. I used to get the classic "bitter-beer face" any time I would try wine. Then, I started liking some of the sweet ones. Then, my palate matured to like real, red wine!

Second point, in the picture: I'm sure you couldn't help but notice the BIG block of chocolate! There is a shop on the square in Granbury called The Art of Chocolate. It has all different kinds of chocolate and a variety of wines. The man sold me on some dark chocolate that he swears will curb your appetite. He says the trick is to have a SMALL amount before your meal, and if you couple it with some red wine you'll do even better! Sold!!

Jason and I had at-home date night on Wednesday. We had the prescribed chocolate and red wine, a great Italian meal, and a cigar after dinner! The kids were a bit disturbed that we were smoking cigars! Thanks to the schools, they think we are doing drugs and gonna die any moment because we each had a cigar!

No comments: