Sunday, July 05, 2009

Great Date, Bum Fireworks

Jason treated me like royalty for my birthday this weekend. Let me clarify- he always treats me like his queen, but this time the queen was taken out on the big town of Ft. Worth! We started by getting some new shoes. You have to understand that I don't just go to a regular shoe store and get a pair of running shoes. I have a high maintenance foot that requires a specially built shoe. No, I'm not running so much anymore, but if you haven't noticed I rarely wear any other kind of shoe. Landry has asked me many times why I don't like to wear "stylish" shoes! Next stop: Macy's for some high thread count sheets. We ended up having 3 different transactions in Macy's because Jason happened upon some new sunglasses, and I found some super sales on clothes. I am SO tight with money, but I was finding clothes at 70% off! My next purchase was a pair of flip-flops. The ones I wear all the time now are a pair I bought when Landry was born... I think it was time!

We left the mall and headed for the Omni Hotel in downtown Ft. Worth. We ate supper at the Bob's Steak and Chop House there in the hotel. A great meal with a bottle of bold cabernet from Napa. I would like to put it on the official record that I completed 2 glasses of wine without wincing, complaining, or making any bitter faces! The next morning, we had a super breakfast at the hotel buffet. The highlight for me: a one-hour massage at the hotel spa. I had actually tried to cancel it because I felt that we were spending too much money already. They have a 24-hour cancellation policy, so I was going to get charged anyway. I'm glad I did it because it was the best massage I've ever had!

Thank you to Nana and Pa-paw for watching the kids! They always feel like they get a vacation when we leave them... They went to a movie, birthday party, and swam while we were gone!

The fireworks comments. I try my best not to have a bad attitude or be critical of things, BUT what happened to the glorious fireworks show in Granbury? We have been hearing for a few weeks that they were going to be bigger and better than ever, so our hopes were up for a great show. It would have been better for them to say, "Because of the economy, we have decreased the budget on the fireworks for 2009." Then, we would have all come out expecting just an average show in the sky. I guess that tells a little about my personality: rather to be pleasantly surprised than mildly disappointed!

No comments: