Tuesday, July 07, 2009

What a Day!

I had an extra special birthday yesterday, and I promise to quit being so self-consumed after this post! I made it to my Pilates class at 6:30 a.m., then followed that with a Wal-Mart trip. You know you are in good spirits when you can enjoy a trip to Wal-Mart!! By the time I got the groceries unloaded, Jason and the big kids started rolling out of their beds. We picked up around the house a little before Sara, Grace, and Davis arrived.

For those of you who don't know, Sara is my forever friend that currently lives in South Carolina. Grace and Braden are 2 weeks apart, and Davis is 3 1/2. They play wonderfully together, which makes it a most excellent time for all the parents involved! Sara and I went to Granbury to have our pedicures while the Man of the Year stayed home with 5 kids! I should say only four really count because Tripp was asleep the whole time! We brought home lunch and visited all afternoon. We introduced the Grahams to the Wii Fit, which is always a form of entertainment in itself!

Then my husband, who could surely sell ice to an Eskimo, roped Sara and her kids into coming to Braden's T-ball game. Sara thinks it is ridonculous for us to be traveling around playing all these games this summer! She's afraid we might have gone off the deep end, verifying multiple times, "It's just T-ball, right?" Ha! Wait till Grace or Davis get a passion for a sport, and we'll be all over her! She actually enjoyed the game, which we won by the way! Like me, she couldn't even start to say, "Go Granbury or Go Pirates!" I told her to say, "Come on, boys!" etc., so she wouldn't feel like a traitor!

Follow the game with a trip to Jalapeno Tree, and I'd say that makes for a GREAT birthday! Thank you, Sara, for making my day extra special. And thanks for all those birthday wishes via text! Pretty cool when even your big brother remembers your birthday! As promised, I'm done talking about me for just a little while! Time to get back to the real world of work, too!

1 comment:

Sara Graham said...

Girl, I feel bad that you had to get up this morning for work. Thank you for letting the Graham family pile in on your birthday!! We had a great time, even at T-ball...