Sunday, April 05, 2009

T-Ball and Stuff



Seems that we've been busy with t-ball practice, t-ball games, and life in general! I don't like that "busy" feeling where you know when you wake up that day that you cannot get done what needs to get done. My thankful thought is that I rarely feel like that. My regretful thought is that it's been that way for about a week, and I can see that the next couple of weeks are looking that way too! For any of the moms out there who sign up multiple kids for multiple extracurricular activities- bless your heart! I'm just not cut out for running around all the time. I like to be home, watching the kids play in the yard, wrestle in the grass (more on that later), and climb trees! The simple life is totally for me!

So, we have two neighbor boys that have been coming over a lot lately. They are both in 2nd grade, but as the norm goes- Braden is bigger than both of them. He has met his match in Gage, though. They were stuck on sword- really light saber- fighting for about two weeks. They transitioned into "real" wrestling this past week. Braden was getting wooped, mainly because of balance and coordination. Coach Daddy went out there and was talking to the boys about bending your knees, center of gravity, etc. Pretty soon, Connor comes to join the wrestling fun. On his first attempt with Gage, he jumped up and Gage took him down in a flash. Gage said, "You can't jump up like a fairy, you need to bend your knees and stay strong in your legs!" I just cracked up, then I realized that these were Jason's words to them a few minutes earlier. Fairy? Now we might know where the dipstick comment came from!

Braden got a great compliment from his teacher last week. She talked to Jason about how good he is doing in class. She said, "He's not just smart, he is gifted." She talked about how he "just gets it." She told Jason we should look into some camps like space camp or engineering camp for him in the years to come. As you can imagine, poof went both of our proud-parent heads. I don't know if there is much in the world that makes you feel more proud than a compliment about your child!

I could share more, but we'll be late for church if I don't get going. Next post will be about Jason's awesome birthday surprise. I made him king for a day!

No comments: