Sunday, April 12, 2009

Center Point


We had a weekend away with Jason's family to a nice little place on the Guadalupe River. We arrived Thursday night and returned Sunday! What a great idea for anyone who wants to enjoy the peace and quiet of the river, a small town, lovely bird noises (LOL), and a retreat from technology. We had our cell phones for emergency only, no computers, movie time for the kids only in the evening when we were playing games, etc.!

We enjoyed a few different games, mostly Farkle and Would You Rather... I have made myself famous with a comment made in the latter game. It was one of those things that just popped out before I knew it. Without totally embarrassing myself, I made a comment about why I wouldn't want one certain body part relocated to another. Let's just say, I'll never look at my belly button the same!
The kids got to enjoy canoe rides, feeding the ducks and geese, Easter egg hunt, roasting weenies and marshmallows, etc.! They had a good time and got along wonderfully. Ages are 6, 6, 5, 3, and 1. Poor little Tripp got the croup Friday, so he mostly barked like a seal and hung on my hip the whole time. I know, he probably would have hung on my hip the whole time anyway. That's ok, one of these days he'll be off doing his own thing and I'll be glad I had him as long as I did!
We walked to a most interesting establishment called Dave's Place. Jason was the most unimpressed, but it is quite funny when you think about it. Dave has a bar & grill, bed & breakfast, pottery classes, aviary, chicken house, pool hall, beer, ice. The kids thought it was awesome. We thought it was pretty nasty. We thought it would be pretty funny to gag gift someone with a weekend to Dave's bed & breakfast!! The lovely bird noises we kept hearing from our cabin were the peacocks from Dave's Place!
It was really a great weekend. We wrapped up the trip with a stop at the Blue Bonnet Cafe in Marble Falls. What a great 4 days!!



1 comment:

Audra Cain said...

Oh that sounds good... Brett and I were just talking about getting away somewhere. Your kids are a hoot! Thank you for sharing all the stories. Let's get together soon.