Saturday, April 25, 2009

Daddy Daughter Dudes Days

Last weekend Jen was away for a continuing education course in Ft. Worth. I had the kids for the majority of the weekend. It was a good time and I was really able to bond with my little man Tripp. Between him being sick and me being sick, we have had to avoid each other. Either that or he wanted nothing to do with me and clung to his momma. We hung out and played quite a bit. We even made it to church Sunday. We were 15" late, but hey, we made it. What makes it amusing is that we were 15" late to the 11:59am "Slacker Service." I didn't even bother checking the kids into Camp Stepping Stone. They just sat with me in the back row. The pizza at the Slacker Service is a great bribe to sit down and be quiet. It helped keep Tripp quiet, too. It is definitely a lot of work getting yourself and three kids ready to go somewhere.
I am having to manage the kids again this weekend as Jen is attending the StoneWater Women's Retreat. It is really good for her to get away for a little while and spend time with God and friends. I know she is having a lot of fun. Have no fear, though, daddy is doing fine and the kids are all still alive and clean...enough.
We do have three t-ball games this weekend which is a little much if you ask me. We had a game Friday night that we lost, but Braden played awesome! He had a home run his first at bat and fielded the ball very well. We have two more games today at 1:15 and 5:15. It is funny to me how serious people and especially parents take this stuff. It is really over the top in my opinion. Jen had the awesome idea to bring hot dogs Friday night as it was our turn to bring snacks. The players loved it and I heard a lot of people that were very impressed. We just wrapped the dogs in foil and kept them warm in an ice chest. Along with cheetos and Caprisun, I don't think anybody remembered getting beat just a few minutes before. Way to go babe!
I guess a lost point that I am trying to make, is that one good thing that comes out of me being a single parent the last couple of weekends is how much I need and appreciate all that my wife does for all of us. Jen is the greatest and we couldn't do it without her (at least not for much longer than a weekend). I may be the head and leader of this house and family, but Jen is the heart that pumps life and keeps everything together. I love you Jennifer!

Jason

No comments: