Sunday, September 28, 2008

Unexcused Absence

Landry missed her first day of pre-K on Friday. She had either a light tummy bug or a case of car sickness on Thursday evening. Our drama queen had the whole thing figured out on Thursday night: play sick, stay home with mom. I stayed home most of the day Friday, and Nana came over for a few hours that morning while I saw a couple of home health patients. She was not one bit sick on Friday, but we couldn't take a chance of sending her to school sick! The rule at Godley is that a child has to have a doctor's note to have an excused absence. We had no reason to make a $25 co-pay for a doctor's note, so she'll just have to an unexcused absence on her record!

We are still laying low. It's good to not feel busy and run ragged all the time. My job is good. I like the fact that I can show up, do my thing, and leave it there. I have a minimal amount of decision-making and responsibility, so all is well in that department!

Our little man is working on four top teeth right now! He's such a trooper not be fussing about it. He really chews on stuff, works his jaw from side to side, and drools constantly! For a few days there, it looked like he was going to have one of the top front teeth, skip one, and have another one to the side. If you can picture that, I was thinking he would look like a redneck baby with a missing front tooth. I am glad to say that the other front one broke through the gum just today!!

Not much else to share for now. I must admit that I have all intentions to head to bed after I shut the computer down! It's not even close to 9:00!

No comments: