Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Daddy Day Care






Jason here...I know I don't post on the ol' family blog very often (if ever) but I thought I should communicate on it just so everyone knows that I'm alive and well. Of course, I'm hanging out at the house for the most part this summer with my three awesome kids. We've had a lot of fun and grown closer over the last couple of months, which has been amazing.

Braden has grown so much; not only physically but also spiritually and cognitively. His reading and writing are really fantastic. He loves to wrestle, too. I don't think a day goes by that he doesn't ask, "Daddy, can we wrestle on the bed?" The turkey has gotten so big and strong that I can't throw him around like I did once upon a time. He can really catch me off-guard now and knock me down. His punches also have a lot more sting to them than they once did. Braden loves his cartoons, and I really have to monitor his intake or it can get out of hand. I have different things in our schedule throughout the day that keep us from being couch potatoes, like outside play time, and reading. We've also gone to the park and to Fossil Rim. I can't count the number of times they have been swimming this summer, either.


Landry and I have become really close this summer, as well. See, when she was just a little tater-tot, we were building the house. I would come in from work and then change clothes and go to work on the house until late each night. I really missed out on getting to bond with her when she was a baby. She bonded with her Momma and her Nana. Then when we finished the house and I was able to spend more time with her, she wasn't so sure about me and she wouldn't come to me for consoling or affection. Well time has finally changed that. She can melt my heart with those blue eyes and her sweet little voice. Just this morning I was sitting on the front porch drinking coffee with Jeremy when the door creaked open and she asked, "Daddy, when are you going to be done so you can come in and love on me?"...Bye Jeremy. No not really, but I sure did want to go cuddle with her while she was watching cartoons. As soon as Jeremy left you know right where I was, though.



What can I say about Tripp? I love that little guy so much. He has changed and blessed our lives so much. I can't believe that I didn't want to have anymore children after Landry. See, I was done and I was content with two children. Jen wanted to have one more, but I was against it. Jen had resigned herself to the fact that Braden and Landry were going to be the only two Karnes' children. But hold the phone...God got a hold of me and convicted me like never before. He laid it on my heart that Jennifer and I were to have another child. So, Tripp was born 10 months later. Out of obedience to God, we now have an amazing little boy that is just the coolest. I have loved hanging out with him this summer and vowed not to miss out on bonding with him like I did with Landry. His laugh and smile are contagious. It is really neat to see him interact with his brother and sister, too.

The Bible says - To Christ be the glory that He is able to do immeasurably more than all I ask or imagine. God has richly blessed me beyond anything that I could have ever dreamed. He has given me a beautiful wife and three beautiful children that I did not deserve. That's the beauty of it, though. I didn't deserve or earn what I now have, but because I believed in Him and trusted Him, He has given me immeasurably more than I asked or imagined. It's just like Christ's love for us that is given and not earned. I am a blessed man and it is my privilege to be a husband and a father. Family is the strongest institution in the world.


...then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. - Joshua 24:15


Jason



No comments: