Saturday, July 19, 2008

Mental Recession

Can you believe this politician's interpretation on our economy? When's the last time he pumped gas and paid for it, or went to the store to buy groceries for his family? That's all I'm gonna say, now I'm officially off the soap box!

Anyway, life on the homefront is good. We had some awesome rain this week that gave the weeds a re-charge. Jason offered the kids a nickel per weed picked out of the flower bed. They did pretty good for a bit, then I helped them finish up. Just a little of that gave me sore hamstrings... does that mean I need to start the exercise program for real?? Jason took the kids to Fossil Rim yesterday. They had a great time "feeding" the animals and looking at all the wildlife. The first story I got was that they fed the giraffes and the ostriches. Then they expounded a bit and admitted that they just threw the feed on the ground, then the animals ate it! Now, that sounds more like my kiddos!

We're thinking of getting a laptop as our home computer. A couple of weeks ago our monitor started going out (so we thought). We were getting all these horizontal lines across the screen, etc. It was a hand-me down from a friend, so I went and bought a new one at Wal-Mart. Guess what, new monitor and same horizontal lines across the screen. We did all the trouble shooting bit, called Dell (which could be a blog entry of its own), and now we've decided that the computer is on its last leg. We've been pricing everything, and we're thinking of taking the new monitor back and getting a laptop to replace this big machine.

All else is status quo: marriage is bliss, kids are growing, work is busy!

No comments: