Saturday, June 07, 2008

Pulled

Do you ever feel like you are being pulled in 100 different directions? That's been me over the past week or so. I went to Stephenville on Friday May 30th to be with my mom during her "simple" arthroscopic knee surgery. The doctor came out and said her knee was way worse than he expected, so he did a procedure that requires her to be non-weightbearing on that leg for 6 weeks! We quickly found out that her house is not at all accessible to stuff like a wheelchair or walker. It's very hard for her to hobble around on the one leg because that one is not so great either. I've tried not to mention that fact that she could have just gotten knee replacements without all this hassle! So last weekend and the beginning of this week was spent making sure she was taken care of at home.

Tuesday I had an open house at my new work place, Harbor Lakes. This is also the day that they found out they passed their Medicare survey, so they were going to start accepting patients the next day. Of course, these patients need therapy, but I still have my job at the Villa. I had a few 10-11 hour days Wed-Friday to try to get some work done at both places. I am going to love it there for sure, but I will miss my co-workers at the Villa!

Landry has strep throat again! URGH! I wonder if we could get a "buy one get one free" deal on the tonsillectomy Monday! I guess she never got rid of the last bug because it's only been 12 days since we were in the ER with it! I'm convinced we must have the strep bacteria blowing through our air vents or in the water or something. What is up with this?

We helped some friends around their house today. Jason was helping build fence and I helped a tiny bit with planting some flowers. They do have a new pool, so the kids had a great day around the pool! We are sold on getting one for next summer. It is so refreshing to take a dip in the pool!

So here we are on a Saturday night, wondering where the time off has gone. Tomorrow I'm signed up to help with kids' stuff at church, then we are heading back to Mimi's to help her out. She's wanting to get out of the house, so we'll probably go for a ride. You know, nothing better to do than burn some $4/gal gasoline to keep these oil tycoons happy! Sorry, just had to throw in a cynical comment!

No comments: