Friday, September 04, 2009

Hint of Jealousy

We had our first lifegroup for this semester last night. We are in a new group this year, although several of the couples we do already know. Jason and I are facilitating the group on our favorite topic, Margin! Anyway, to the point of the title. Braden has a friend in the group that he has played soccer and baseball with in the past. His friend is an only child, sweet as can be, and very well behaved. His mom mentioned how he is still a "momma's boy." That made my ears perk up, because I have fallen down a few rungs on the ladder with Braden. There is something so sweet about raising boys, and he is my first-born on top of that. You see, he used to want to be with me, go with me, do whatever with me. Then, over the past year or so it's all about the Daddy! Let me make sure you understand that I am all for the father-son bonding thing! If you've ever seen the movie Shrek, I feel like Donkey jumping up and down sometimes saying, "Pick me! Pick me! Pick me!"

Disclaimer: I hope you know I'm not REALLY jealous. And I'm surely not upset that Braden and Jason are so close! I wouldn't give anything for the value of what a strong father that Jason is in this home! This is one of those times where it's really ok to be second fiddle!

1 comment:

Sara Graham said...

I know you aren't jealous. And I see how you feel through Jasen's eyes because D is still a momma's boy. I value your insight on this, as I know it won't last.

I guess this makes you enjoy your time with Tripper even more, huh?