Wednesday, July 01, 2009

The Jailhouse

A few weeks ago, Braden shared a memory from several years ago that we couldn't believe he remembered so vividly. We said, "Man, how did you remember that?" He said, "I keep stuff like that in the jailhouse!" He went on to explain that he has a jailhouse in his brain, and he throws things in there that he wants to remember. He always has the key to the jailhouse, so he locks stuff in as needed. We joked with him about it, of course. Fast forward to last night in his game: He made an error, and I saw Jason signal to his head as if to take a key, unlock the jail door, and remove that bad thought! Braden repeated that out on the field and chunked that error right into the dirt! I just chuckled to myself out there! The power of sports psychology!

Speaking of T-ball, the Pirates are slated to play in the championship game Thursday night in Glen Rose. If they win, they get to advance to the regional tournament in Burleson that starts Monday the 6th. All else is well, just had to share about the jailhouse!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I guess little Landry Beth is running around the ballpark. If ya'll make it to Burleson, please let her come play at our house during one of Braden's games...or invite us, and we'll come watch! Will just mentioned how much he missed sweet Landry just yesterday. I would be insulted if you didn't take me up on my offer!