Friday, May 01, 2009

Queen of Rock 'n Roll


Mark it in the history books that I am awake at 1 a.m.!! We just got back from watching Fleetwood Mac in concert at American Airlines Center. It was really great! I realized right off that I did not know their songs as well as I thought I did. I think I knew maybe their top 7, but there were several that I had never heard. I guess it was a night of lessons learned, because I also didn't know that Jason had such a crush on Stevie Nicks. I said after the show, "If she defines dancing, then I can dance!" She just does this sway thing and bangs on the tamborine every once in a while, and evidently there are lots of men in the world who are big fans! Jason said it has a lot to do with her voice, too! By the way, the tickets were Jason's birthday gift!

I have a day off tomorrow. Our company has asked us not to see patients unless it is an emergent situation (because of the new flu). I don't do much therapy that is emergent, so it's kind of like a snow day! Evidently, there are four confirmed cases of H1N1 virus in Cleburne (where 90% of my patients are), and one "likely" in Granbury. I'm not wanting to call it swine flu because I think people get more freaked out with that name. Here's my personal opinion: I feel like the general public is over-reacting. I feel like it is a serious concern, but it has not been near as deadly and the seasonal flu. From everything I've read, H1N1 sufferers are responding well to Tamiflu. 8 people have died internationally, according to the CDC. I think 13,000 have died this year from seasonal flu. Puts it in perspective for me! My basic feeling is that if you are going to get it, you are going to get it. And if you are not, you are not. Just use the precautions to minimize germs!

Okay, I just jumped off my soap box and landed on the couch. I better get to bed before I turn into a pumpkin!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I agree with you! In fact, so does our pediatrician...who trusts the media anyway? Glad ya'll had fun the other night!