Thursday, October 16, 2008

Then again...

So maybe Tripp is not necessarily a picky eater. Maybe he knew that his tummy wasn't right and he didn't need to eat/drink anything. Yep, he got the bug and threw up a few times on Tuesday. He went back to daycare and was fine yesterday. The bug came back this morning, only the diarrhea version this time. The daycare called this morning for me to come pick him up because he had 3 incidents of diarrhea in an hour. I went to get him immediately and brought him home. He and I have been home since about 9:45 this morning and guess what, no diarrhea. Not really even a hint of not feeling right! Is that Murphy's Law or what!

I took him to the doctor Tuesday, just to make sure everything else was ok- namely the ears. Everything checked out fine and the doctor assumed it was some kind of virus. She gave me a major guilt trip that I would stop breastfeeding before he is a year old. Her exact words: "Don't you know it's about to be wintertime?" This woman obviously doesn't know that I already have the mom-guilt for working full time. Now, she wants to add the mom-guilt of "not giving him all the antibodies he needs." I thought about firing her, but then I realized that might be an over-reaction! Yes, I agree that breastmilk is best for a baby, but I'm thinking I'm doing my best. Enough of my whining, I'm moving on.

Some happy news is that I am going on a long-weekend trip to see my friend Sara in a few weeks. She and her family are in South Carolina, so Tripp and I are going to hop on a plane and go see them. Sara is one of those lifetime friends, the kind that you know will be there forever. She and I have known each other since we were little kids, and our friendship has evolved and grown in all realms. She knows all the dirt, all the goods, and she loves me anyway!! We both had our rebellion, our wild times, our angry times, etc., but eventually we both came around to believing the same things about God. We have the same commitments in a spiritual sense, and we also have a ton of life interests in common. Needless to say, we are both looking forward to this trip!

1 comment:

Sara Graham said...

AWWWWW! I feel so loved!! You know all the feelings you wrote are mutual! I can't wait for the first full weekend in November!!

Tell that doctor to go jump in a lake! Besides, you can give trip some bovine stuff...:)

xoxo!