Monday, October 13, 2008

Picky Eater

So, we have a picky eater in the family. It's not me, not the daddy, and the two big kids are innocent too! Tripp is something else. He's not crazy about much, including the formula I am trying to get him used to. I'm trying to wean him to being a full-time bottle baby, but he's not really on board with the program. He got so tight-lipped at the sight of his bottle last night that we all just had to laugh! Seriously, he would NOT take the bottle. Yes, he takes it all week at the Wee School. Yes, he'll take it from someone else. He does take it from me some, but I think when I introduced the idea of ME giving him a bottle, AND that bottle being filled with formula... like I said, tight-lipped! As far as baby food goes, he doesn't love it. He eats cereal pretty good. He's kind of ok with some of the orange stuff like sweet potatoes and squash. We only get the bitter-beer face with attempts at green vegetables. Fruits are only in the "ok" category. Have no fear, though, he's not skinny or anything. It's just a little hard to get used to because both Braden and Landry were big eaters as babies!

Both big kids got sleepovers this weekend! Braden had been asking for at least two weeks to have his friend Jake over. Actually, he had been asking if he could go to Jake's for a sleepover. Only problem was, Jake had not invited him yet. After reviewing the etiquette about not inviting yourself to someone's house, we made a deal to let each of them have someone over if they had good behavior at school all week. Kayli came over Friday night and Jake came over Saturday night. I must say, all the kids were really good. They are old enough to play nice, get their own games/toys out, entertain themselves, etc.!

I have to share a quick funny, even though you may not all get our sense of humor. Jason and I use the inside joke of saying that someone has ESPN- instead of ESP- when they knew what the other person was thinking. So, today he was dialing my number when I had already hit send to call him. His phone rang right when he was trying to call me, so he declared that we have ESPN. I said, "You've got ESPN and I've got ESPN2!" I know we are strange, but sometimes it's the goofy things that make you smile!

1 comment:

Sara Graham said...

I totally get the ESPN2 thing!! You know I am a Mike and Mike fan and just today, on ESPN2, someone was making fun of all the ESPN channels! So I get you!

Can you come see me tomorrow! :) I'll just have to wait I guess! I can't wait!!