Sunday, July 06, 2008

First Dip for Tripp



We got the little man in the pool yesterday! The water was finally warm enough and the timing worked out to get him in Mimi's pool. He absolutely loved it. We moved the umbrella shade over by the steps, and he just had a blast! I got him out after about 30 minutes, but I'm thinking he would have been happy out there all day!

Happy Birthday to me by the way! Landry was not impressed that I only got one present at my "party, " and I didn't even have candles for my cake! I told her that birthdays change as you get older, but she didn't seem concerned enough to need more of an explanation than that! I am looking forward to some time out with Jason today, which could be considered a birthday present in itself. We're going to go out to eat and go pick out a camera for my birthday. Mine has gotten in the habit of taking way too many blurry pictures. I'd love to have the Nikon or Canon like Misti, Tracy, and Alisa have, but our budget is going to be more fit for a lesser camera. It's all good. I had the Nikon D60 fever big-time right after Tripp was born, but I've resided to the fact that right now is not the time for it. I did get an iPod dock for my birthday, so now I can play the tunes from my iPod at work. I've been getting there early to do a lot of desk work and it is VERY quiet in my office. I didn't realize how much I am used to continual noise going on in my life!

Enough about me, this might be the most self-centered blog I've posted in a long time. But wait, let me brag about the chocolate pie Jason made for my birthday. He offered to make any kind of cake I wanted for my birthday, but I didn't really want cake. I asked for chocolate pie, and he hit a home run! It is so good, and the beauty is that the kids weren't crazy about it so they just want to scrape off the whipping cream. Hmmm... more left for me!! Who says birthdays aren't as fun as they used to be!

No comments: