Sunday, April 03, 2011

Softball Time!



We've started softball season! Landry is excited to be playing a sport again. She played one season of T-ball when she was 6, but she was not terribly impressed by all the boys on the team.
She has watched Braden play enough baseball that she ought to have some skills and knowledge by way of osmosis!


The league is a might-bit disorganized, and we didn't even have a coach until the first practice when someone volunteered! Luckily, it is a mom of a high school baseball player and she does know about the game! Yours truly is the dugout mom- the one that tries to get the girls in the right batting order, keep them from climbing on the dugout bench, and asking too many high-maintenance questions! What would be a high-maintenance question by a girly-girl softball player? Hmmm... "Can I go say hi to my dad?" "Can I go get some chips?" "Will I get to bat again?" Not bad to have that question once or twice, but these chatty girls surprised me in that first game with all their talking!


Landry's team has won their first two games. She is a bundle of excitement out on the field. She has a competitive spirit that comes through every now and then that I love to see! I love to be able to give the kids opportunities to play on a team, learn a game, and get outside and exercise. Those of you who know me know that I also love to win, so things are looking good so far!!

No comments: