Monday, August 17, 2009

Casual Choices

We had a GREAT anniversary. It was very much our speed and style. We left around noon on Saturday and headed to Ft. Worth. Freebird's was our first stop. For those of you who don't know, it's an Aggie original- massive burritos similar to Chipotle or Qdoba (just better). We observed a metrosexual in there eating his burrito with a fork and knife! Huh? Dude, just use your hands!

We had heard about a great wine shop over by Hulen, so we set out to find it. For anyone who loves wine, this place is incredible! It is called Goody Goody, and it blows Central Market and World Market away. Very cool place with an unbelievable selection, not to mention a "consultant" who can educate you fully on any wine! After selecting our wines, we decided we better go check into the hotel and deposit the wine there so it didn't get too hot in the car. We stayed at the Hyatt Place Cityview, which is a great value if you ever need a quick getaway.

Next stop was Academy. Our original intent was to exchange Braden's tennis shoes. I had gotten him some for school, only to realize that they were two right shoes when we got home! Of course, we found multiple must-buys in Academy. They have the best clearance racks! $2.88 and $4.88 for good-looking stuff!

Speaking of Central Market, that's where we headed next. We picked yet another bottle of wine, by another knowledgeable consultant, ordered a burger, and sat outside where the band played some classic tunes. This wine was SO good. We're doing good if Jason can find one that doesn't make me cringe at the first sip. He poured us each a glass, then he took off to get the food. By the time he got back, I was already on my second glass!! It was so smooth. I'd put the name of it on here if I knew it, we'll have to ask the designated driver! Some kind of Spanish grenache.

So that's a wrap on our casual date. I didn't mention that I got to stop at Target and Costco Sunday morning... not really part of the date, but a nice bonus for me! Twelve years it is, they've all been great. The awesome part is that each year, each month, each week, each day just keeps getting better!

Last but not least, I'd like to send a special shout-out to Jason's sister, Kayci, for keeping the kids! Five kids vs. one adult, that's a brave girl!

1 comment:

Sara Graham said...

So glad you all had a great anniversary! And glad you found a wine you actually like!

Enjoying a lot of Ray LaMontagne. Is that??? Anyway, I bought some of his stuff off of I-Tunes and I LOVE it!